Alcoholics Anonymous District 5 Website Committee’s mission of service is to carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous through the electronic media of the Internet.
- The Website Committee meets the first Tuesday of the month at 6:00 at the Intergroup Office and online web conference. Our meetings are open to all AA members and input is welcomed.
- Click Here to join Online Web Call on the 1st Tuesday each month at 6:00 PM.
- Want to join the Website Committee or interested in what we do? E-mail us at webchair@aaDistrict5.org!
- Click here to add Our Web Meetings to your calendar!
The District 5 Website Committee shall be comprised of:
- A webchair with a minimum of two years sobriety and a background in service, able to attend all District 5 business meetings and area quarterlies
- A webservant with a minimum of two years sobriety and the required skills to create and maintain the website
- Any other members wishing to serve
In the spirit of rotation, the webchair shall serve for a term of two years and shall provide a report to District 5 at the monthly business meeting
The webchair shall be funded one nights’ lodging for attendance at the Area quarterly in accordance with the Book of Current Practices
The budget for the Website committee shall not exceed $100 per year
The website located at aadistrict5.org shall include the following:
- The AA preamble
- Links to the 12 Steps, 12 Traditions and 12 Concepts
- Links to: AA World Services (aa.org) South Florida Area 15 (area15aa.org) The Grapevine (aagrapevine.org)
- A disclaimer to be found upon exiting the website to the above listed links
- Meeting schedules within District 5
- Individual pages for each District 5 Standing Committee and Intergroup
- A calendar of upcoming events, workshops, and business meetings within District 5
- Anonymous email addresses for each District 5 Officer, Committee Chair, DCM and ACM
The website committee shall maintain the meeting schedules, email accounts, calendar of events and facilitate District Officers and Committee Chairs in providing time sensitive information to the District members. The committee shall meet as needed.